<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 19, 2004

  Bush and Race: From the I hate Republican Reader

When a liberal acquaintance of mine heard that I has a blog called blacks for Bush she responded in a very logical way by giving me a book to read. I have been browsing through it and have read the parts that are specific to me as a black American. Now this book was published in 2003 so there should be plenty of published reasons why blacks should hate Bush. Especially since the head of the NAACP said "Bush is treating the Black community like prostitutes and that his civil rights policies as are snake oil." With Harsh words like these one would assume that there would be a long list of anti-black Bush actions to document.


Needless to say I was surprised that all they came up with was.

1)Bush didn't support hate crime (thought crime) legislation in Texas/
2)Bush talked at Bob Jones university that has a policy against interracial dating
3)Bush didn't criticize the confederate flag when campaigning South Carolina
4)And some of the people he worked with in Texas are racists.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory