<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 08, 2004

  The Silent Swing

The CNN exit polls number of 11% Blacks voting for bush has been the most quoted. But the L.A. Times exit poll ( PDF link) shows 14% of black voters voted for Bush. I hope more post election phone polls are done and we get better data. But The 14% number feels about right.

14% of Blacks voted for Bush, 14% of America is Black. So I get to be a double minority, I am cool with it. I hope my readers are too. I would like to give a shout out to those brave African-Americans who were willing to vote their beliefs and not follow the pack because of peer pressure. (BTW I do believe a good number of blacks voted for Kerry because of their beliefs and not peer pressure, to them I say there is no sin in being wrong).

I hope both parties realize how important this swing of black voters really is. This election is the tip of the iceberg.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory